Disclaimer: i am not an expert in anything. i don't have a degree in nutrition or biology. i'm not certified in anything. i'm just a regular mom who wanted to get in shape and this is just my honest experience.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Flourless Brownies by jesspaigelchf

I'm not gonna say a whole hell of a lot here. I saw this recipe on JessPaigeLCHF's instagram and decided to give it a whirl because, brownies. Made this and it was delicious!!!

I wanna go on record as saying a couple of things though.

1. I didn't have the sweetener she listed so I used one from Whole Foods and it gave the brownies a nasty sickly sweet aftertaste. So the next time around I used Ideal Sweetener which I have used for years and it's always been great in my recipes with no detection. Of course if you have Swerve which is what she lists in the recipe, by all means, use it. My husband said my 2nd batch was much better with no aftertaste. All he tasted was the bitterness of the dark chocolate.

2. Texture. These aren't chewy brownies. They're wet fudgy brownies. But they're really chocolately yumminess.

3. Cooking times. Both times making this recipe I noticed that the brownies took a lot longer to set than 30 min. My first batch i baked for 1hour just to get the top to not be wobbly. Of course I put the entire batch into one 8x8 inch dish. The 2nd time I split it into 2 dishes. The tops set in the 30 min and cracked (like cheesecake will do in the oven) so I removed them. Still very wet under the surface. I let them set in the fridge overnight. My husband said they're much better that way. Just remember #2, texture. Flavorwise they are dark chocolately goodness. But they are wet, almost mousse-like on your tongue. At least when I made them. You may wanna tinker with cooking times, temps, and thickness.

4. This recipe has LOTS of butter in it. So if you're watching your fats take heed. But if you're doing low carb high fat, its perfect. Also, this uses a non sugar sweetener. If you aren't comfortable with that you can try honey, agave, coconut sugar, whatever your natural heart desires. But take into account that it could mess with the texture. so maybe split up the batch. Also buy more than one bar of chocolate. I bought 2 and they came in handy bc i tossed my first batch and used the other bar to make my 2nd.















To get the recipe for these flourless brownies go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment