Disclaimer: i am not an expert in anything. i don't have a degree in nutrition or biology. i'm not certified in anything. i'm just a regular mom who wanted to get in shape and this is just my honest experience.

Monday, September 22, 2014

update!!!

So I finally bit the bullet and went for the ketogenic diet. what really sealed it for me is when my friend anthony said, don't worry so much about the ketosis, just try to get fat adapted and you'll find yourself in ketosis that way. and mentally, that was just such an easier pill to swallow. i didn't worry about counting my carbs. i worried about getting in mostly fat, some protein and avoiding carbs.

since my last post i've lost 4lbs and 1.5 inches on my waist. i did the keto diet for 2 weeks with no exercise and finally about 2 weeks in i finally felt good enough to get back to workouts. but i was worried that i wasn't able to do what i used to do. my friend (and coach really) anthony told me to keep the workouts short and intense since i don't have the carbs to sustain long workouts. so m/w/f i do weights. i do about 5 reps of 6 exercises and then do 5 sets. then i'll do kettlebell swings and maybe push ups as well. i've recently added some ab exercises that involve dumbells. t/th i do 10 min HIIT sprints (speed 6!!) and then i'll do some tabata finishers. mostly lower body, legs, glutes, squats, lunges, etc etc. i've also done some burpees!! wow! that was a shocker for me. sat and sun i rest bc i need it. but i remain active. i'm just more active in general bc i have so much energy now. i LOOOOOVE being back in a place where i'm working out regularly. its such a good feeling mentally. and although the scale isn't going down i have noticed more definition in my arms and legs. like the fat is melting off and i'm seeing/feeling more of the muscle.

its funny bc i think if i just did the diet alone i would lose weight faster. but i want more than that. i want to transform my body. and thats what weights do. slowly changing the shape. its a long process thats for sure. but its a journey. i have no time limits on this journey other than i want to lose as much weight as i can before next spring bc i really really want this panni removed and for health reasons the closer i am to a BMI of 30 the better my chances are. other than that, no time limit. i've given myself all next year as well to continue my fitness journey. i'm very excited for the future and for what i can accomplish.

i'm very grateful for my health. and the guidance of my coach who has helped me tremendously.

i'm HOPING to be down to pre pregnancy weight by nov. i have 10lbs to go and the scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks. but you know, even if the number isn't the same, as long as i can fit into my old clothes, thats all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment