Disclaimer: i am not an expert in anything. i don't have a degree in nutrition or biology. i'm not certified in anything. i'm just a regular mom who wanted to get in shape and this is just my honest experience.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Positive changes

Since going low carb and taking my Metformin (1/2 pill) I have noticed many great changes.

-i fall asleep faster and sleep better through the night
- i have more energy throughout the day but i'm not back to full energy to workout like i used to (yet)
- my overall mood is better
-1 cup of coffee a day will do me just fine
-no more body aches
-no more sleep apnea attacks in the night
-lost an inch off my waist
-lost a pound and a half


And I have had quite a few non scale victories (NSV) lately

-fit into my pre-pregnancy underwear!!!  yayy!!! threw out all my bigger ones.
-fit into a pair of shorts i haven't worn in 3yrs!
-bought 2 pairs of shorts (one of them jean which i never wear) size 20 and size 18! and neither of them have elastic waists!!! i have bee wearing elastic waists for.....gosh....at least 3yrs. if not more.

these are huge milestones for me. i am beyond ecstatic and grateful that with the PCOS stuff out of the way i can finally see the rewards for all the hard work i've been putting in this year. i kept going even when i didn't see the light. and i'm so glad i did. what excites me the most is that things are starting to pick up and i have even more motivation. i'm getting back to where i was at my lowest after my surgery and before pregnancy, and i will surpass it! i'm going to be venturing into a place i've never been before. at a weight i have never seen in my adult life. i am curious and excited and driven!

No comments:

Post a Comment