Disclaimer: i am not an expert in anything. i don't have a degree in nutrition or biology. i'm not certified in anything. i'm just a regular mom who wanted to get in shape and this is just my honest experience.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Keto or low carb?

Ok so this is where I'm at right now with my thought process. I know that a ketogenic diet would be very beneficial for me in many ways. However my brain is stuck on the rules/restrictions and counting of carbs. Like no one likes counting calories and counting carbs is even more of a fucking headache bc there are carbs in just about everything and you have to calculate minuscule amount and what a fucking headache. I mean, spices!!! Fucking spices!! Jesus.  And what if I wanna go out to eat for a special occasion and enjoy one of my fav meals (bang bang shrimp) or some other breaded goodness? The thought of not being able to have those moments (bc let's face it, it's all mental) is really what's keeping me from jumping on board. Like....life isn't predictable, shit happens. I don't wanna constantly be worrying about it. 

I am enjoying low carb. Low carb is very doable for me. And once in a while if I splurge on something it's no  biggy. I just go back to eating low carb the next day. 80/20 or even 90/10 really. I believe that for sanity sake and to make it a lifestyle you need moderation. Like, I could do keto but I would probably not do it forever. I would be like ok I only have to do it for this long and then I can go back to low carb. That's just real talk. My mind always has to know it has option. The way that just knowing there is a bathroom near by keeps me from having to go right this minute. 

Also a low carb diet is beneficial. I have already noticed changes in my body. I could easily continue this for the rest of my life. It's a lifestyle. So why stress myself out with the rules and restrictions of something like ketosis where your carbs are almost non existent or you get knocked out of ketosis? 

 Just being honest. This is my honest thought process. I'm thinking if slowly incorporating it though. Another way of looking at it is, just try it for a few weeks and see what happens. If I hate it that much just go back to low carb. There's no keto police coming to get me. There's no one I have to answer to but myself. And who knows, maybe it will be doable. Maybe after 3 weeks I'll be like, I like how I feel, I'm good, I can keep this up. And just see where it gets me.

If it was just "eat meats, eat cheese, eat full fat dairy, eat good fats" I would so do it!!! I really don't feel like counting. That's really turning me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment