Disclaimer: i am not an expert in anything. i don't have a degree in nutrition or biology. i'm not certified in anything. i'm just a regular mom who wanted to get in shape and this is just my honest experience.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Protein Review #2 - BSN Syntha-6 Orange Smoothie

Ok first up from the protein samples I received is BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder, Orange Smoothie




Now, calorically speaking, this is a bit high. I mean 200 calories can really add up depending on how many of these you drink and tack on meals, well it can be a lot. 22 grams of protein is pretty standard. Sugars are pretty good but fat seems a bit high for a protein powder.  I mean compare this to something like ON 100% Whey Gold Standard which has 120 cals, 1g fat, 1g sugar and 24g protein. Those are just better stats. However, if you want a yummy tasting protein it's gonna cost you. You just have to see whats more important. If you're not on a calorie strict diet and you just want something to drink once a day after a workout, this is perfectly fine.

Now let's get to the important part, the TASTE!! ok right off the bat i wanna say the powder had a very powerful fake orange smell. Like Tang or more specifically like that really sugary orange drink they give you at the doctor's office before they do a glucose test on you. Think sunkist syrup. So I was weary. It seemed like a pretty big scoop. I mixed it in my blender cup with 4oz of cold water. It was nice and thick and tasted alot better than I thought! It was like an orange creamsicle. Very tasty. Now, could I drink this every day? I think I would get sick of it. Orange creamsicle is not my fav flavor. But if yours is, THIS is the protein for you!! I will say that the after taste is that fake orange syrup taste. yucky. gimmie a stick of gum or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment