Disclaimer: i am not an expert in anything. i don't have a degree in nutrition or biology. i'm not certified in anything. i'm just a regular mom who wanted to get in shape and this is just my honest experience.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Finally, a good day. It's been a while since I've had one.

Ok so here's the thing. I started out this year at around 205lbs. My first goal is to be at pre pregnancy weight which was 173lbs. My last lowest weight was 186lbs. I was psyched because I thought it wouldn't be too long to reach my goal. Then July came....then the thyroid symptoms completely took over. I haven't been able to work out all week. I can barely get through the day. I decided if I can't exercise I need to tweak my diet. Bc I'm not physically pushing myself I don't need all the calories and carbs I was eating. My friend suggested going into ketosis (extremely low/no carb) but the thought gave me so much anxiety I couldn't handle. So I decided to be less drastic and just cut my carbs in half and up my fat. I did this yesterday and it was ok. Doable. Also allowing myself breathing room with fats made me ok with tracking my calories again (I had gotten fed up with it before). I found my sugars were waaaaay more under control. 

I went to weigh myself today so that I could be honest with myself and track my weight fluctuations. Even if I gain, if it's bc of the thyroid I should keep track. I had stopped keeping track bc it became pointless to me when I got on and I was heavier than 186. Saturday I remember looking and I was at 189lbs. Ugh!! Anyway this morning I get on and 186 is too heavy. What the wha?? I'm like 185.5. I wonder what that's about. But who cares. I'll take it!! I haven't had any kind of loss since early July! I haven't felt good about myself in over a week. So I'm really happy that I can be happy today. Also I found a new motivation. I can't do what I was doing before but at least I can do something. I'm not completely beat.



This morning, despite sleeping like shit, I woke up feeling OK. which is a lot for me!! I weighed myself and after that I felt so good. I haven't felt good in so long. I actually got out of bed, and worked out. sure it was a very tiny work out (walk treadmill for 10 min, then some weights) but it was something. and that's without any caffeine this morning. while walking on a speed of 2.0 i was like this is hard, i can't walk this fast. Dude, talk about a blow. that used to be too slow for me. I really don't want to lose the strength and stamina i've gained these passed months. That worries me. Hopefully not too much time passes by where i'm doing nothing. I will try to at least do a few reps with the weights if nothing else.


This morning's weightloss is nothing to throw a parade over. It could be for a plethora of reasons. I haven't been lifting weight, maybe i lost some water weight, or maybe my body just felt like it. That's been the pattern for a couple of months. I hit a new low weight, then i gain 3 more lbs. then i work really hard and it comes off plus a little extra. its a cycle that has been ongoing. this time i didn't do anything and it came off. no rhyme or reason. and i'm sure it will come back on. thats how slowly i'm losing. i lose, gain, lose. slooooooooow. anyway...i will take it. if nothing more than to lift my spirits. progress, no matter how slow, is still progress.


It's so nice to wake up feeling slightly normal today. I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment